wheel arch (Dog leg) Pt 1

So that the front valance will fit OK, I decided to repair and fit the wheel arches so that every thing will line up and fit straight. I bought a pair of Schofield arches, and removed the original right hand arch when the van was in the damp garage. The repair arches are made up of 4 pieces spot welded together, where the originals are only 2. Because of this the outer skin is pitted from the spot welds and the top skin has a joint over lap which looks really bad.
I decided to get rid of this problem by splitting the panels beating the outer skin and running a seam weld along the inner side of the lip. Don’t look too hard at the welds I’m still learning. I then ground and peeled the top lip from the panel, to then radius to look clean.
On a trial fit on the van some thing didn’t look straight, so I decided to lay it against the door. Opps, getting carried away with the welding has warped the panel from the heat, this is a lesson learnt. Ill either have to cut this into three parts to straighten it or start again with a new panel. Those NOS front arches I saw for £320 so long ago don’t seam so extremely over priced now.