Manufacturing Chassis Supports


Although I haven't been in the garage for a while, I have been able to get into the workshop and fold up a few more parts for the cargo floor chassis. The hardest part of hand forming is getting two parts the same. If your first fold is a little off it can become a big error on the last fold.


I had to cut away the tab that should run along the full length of the top hat section because I would not have been able to fit it into the folding machines jaws. But that's not too bad as this is where the jacking points will be. The others tabs I will fold up when I get the parts to the garage so that I can make sure the fit is correct.




 
Here's the drawings I made.

A is the I beam
B is the top hat sections
C is the inner sill
D shows the angle for the aft cross section to account for the chassis rails widening.
E is the capping plate for the rear cross section because it has no other pieces below it.
 
 
 
 
The outrigger I mad a paper template from the measurements taken from the hole left and used this to get the angle of the fold correct.