Seam sealing the roof and engine bay

With the Van back from the dippers it was time to get the van rust protection started

The rear shelf above the engine bay had some signs of rust treatment that had not been cleaned out properly, I got my wire wheel to this.
I treated it with a spray of Dinitrol Converrust RC900, this converts the rust and stabiles it so it can be painted over.
There was a small amount of rust still between the panels of the roof and the gutter.
Again I wire wheeled this and treated it with RC900. I decided to do this around the hole roof seam just as a precaution. I used a small brush to guide the liquid between the panels.
I cut the nozzle of a tube of seam sealer at a 45deg angle and made my way carefully around the van covering the joint of the gutter and the roof panel with light grey seam sealer.
A little trick I learnt from working with aircraft sealant was to use a soapy solution on the end of a gloved finger to gently smooth the lumps and create a smooth curve.

The roof turned out ok.
I went over the area above the engine bay that I have treated with the Dinitrol rust cure
I then went around the seams in the cab.


Then onto the engine bay. To seal the seams in the hard to reach corners I attached a tube to the end of my nozzle. This took a bit a guess work and a steady hand but turned out very well.