Painting the under side primer and stone chip


After sweeping up and hovering the garage floor I started to hang protective sheet around the garage, got board so left the rest,as all I wanted to do was get on with spraying.
I brought a litre of wash primer and activator This was just enough to do all of the underside 
 I used the wash primer to make sure there was paint in all the panel gaps
 This was also an easy step into my first time spraying such a big job.
 It was easy to spray on just a bit fiddly to get into all the tight spots whet the gravity feed pot on top of the spray gun kept getting in the way
 A couple of seams I forgot to seal up
 I then broke out the stone chip gun, This is the same as I used for the cavity wax just with out the tube. I'm using Dinitrol stone chip 447 this is the grey version, It also comes in black.
 This was fun and easy to spray, I took it in sections and made sure I got into all the tight gaps before I sprayed over the hole panel. I did a couple of coats in the wheel arches.
 I was hoping for a smoother finish, So I varied the pressure to the gun but less pressure made it spit more and more pressure flooded the areas I wanted to spray making it drip. 
I decided to leave the cab floor area as I have an original panel to cover that.
I used up 6 x1 litre tubes and still needed to finish above the gear box. My mask also became saturated with the solvent so it was time to finish before I started hallucinating that my van was finished.