Removing a Rusted Cargo Door Hinge Bolt

This is the lower cargo door hinge that has probably not been removed for a good 40 years, so there's bound to be a bit of rust keeping it all together.
So after trying a large screw driver and an impact wrench and the bolt not budging I finally drilled into the head off the bolt past the thickness of the hinge and then snapped the head off. This allowed me to get the door off but left a bolt shaft in a hole with no rear access.
I'd had access to the back of the bolt when I'd repaired the arch, but that is all patched up now. So I had to drill through the bolt and try an easy out. That didn't work, next step was to grind the bolt away very carefully untill it broke into the thread of the nut plate. This took a lot of patience and a good set of eyes (I borrowed some).
Although it's not a great picture you may be able to see a part of the bolts' thread that I was able to pick out once I'd ground down the inside of the bolt. Once I'd ground enough off the old bolt away I used a tap to clear the rest of the thread.