Cab Floor Patch Repair

This is a bit of a rust hole (to the right of the massive round meant to be there hole) I'd kept forgetting about it as it was tucked away under all the crap I kept storing in the cab floor.

 
 With the confidence now to get this patched up in a couple of hours I excavated it and cleaned it up.








To make the recess in the repair piece I measured  the width and depth of the step and got some steel plate that was thick enough to give me the same  depth and width and then positioned a couple of other straight edges to get the correct gap from the inner piece too. I made sure the edges were burr free so I got a clean joggle.
I tried to squeeze the whole lot together in the vice, but only got a shallow bent on the joggle. I don't have a fly press handy, so beat it with the biggest hammer I could find in the garage. It turned out ok although a little shocked.

With the patch trimmed to fit and a decent coat of weld through primer, I clamped it in place with the biggest G clamp I could find.
Quick splert around the edge of the patch with a mig weld

A clean up with the angle grinder that's starting to sound a bit rough, hope it holds out a little bit longer.
Then a quick spray with the Airfix paint I had left from the Battle of Brighton set I got for Christmas